Socks for K.
Last week I had posted that I had finished one sock for K. This weekend I finally got it all completed after frogging it a few times, and stashing it in my knitting bag hoping that it would miraculously come out all completed. For some reason I had the worst time with this second sock. Which is strange considering it is the same pattern I used for L.’s socks, just the bigger size. (Which in the post I now see that I forgot to mention what pattern I used. Guess I was more excited about my first pair of socks than giving all the details. The pattern is Child’s Rainbow Sock from a booklet I got from Paton’s and it’s called Pull Up Your Socks. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the socks.)
Reason #1 for frogging: Heel flap was messed up
Reason #2 for frogging: After said heel flap was completed correctly and I shaped the heel, I didn’t have the right # of stitches to pick up.
Reason #3 for frogging: I wasn’t paying attention to my knitting and was paying more attention to my girls singing and dancing that I knitted for 3 row even instead of doing my decreases to have the instep meet the heel.
But, the one thing that did keep me going to complete this sock was that one it was for K., if it had been for me I would’ve said “f*** it” and moved onto another project. But also, I’m now casting on for a pair of socks for me and I couldn’t justify making myself a pair before I made K. a pair. So I kept at it (and frogged it) and finally completed it this evening.
Entry filed under: knitting.